Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Retro-Fresh Challenge: Leaves + More


Happy Wednesday All!! We are back with another Retro-Fresh challenge over at The Greeting Farm blog. For the month of September, the theme/challenge is Leaves. Create a project using leaves (be it on your dp, die-cuts, sticker or actual leaves). Remember that this is a month long challenge and you must use a TGF stamp that is 6 months or older. We want to give our oldies but goodies some much deserved love as well :)


For my card, I used WS Dressy Jeremy and WS Dressy Joyce to create a Twilight inspired card. At first, I thought to go with the in your face red, black and white look but after a bit of a struggle I decided to scratch that look and go for a vintage, distressed approach. After all, their love began a century ago and you can't get more vintage than that. Lol :) ** Image Note: Since both images are digital images, I was able to play around with the sizing so I could overlap the images and make them look as is **

I will be submitting this card to the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge - Layer It Up (Flowers used are the Wild Roses)
Bunny Zoe Crafts - Distressing

--------------------------------------------------

On another note... 
There are two other challenges currently happening on The Greeting Farm blog



The first one is the Farm Fresh Friday challenge where the theme is Bright Colors. For my card I used the new Holiday Blessings Clear stamp set. This stamp set is perfect for quick CAS cards. The sentiments are large enough to carry their own weight. KWIM? :) To ply along you have until Thursday morning to do so.

I'm submitting this card to: 
Catered Crop - In the Pink


The second challenge is the Sketch challenge we host exclusively over at the Splitcoaststampers TGF Forum. This week was my turn to create the sketch and this is what I came up with. I was going for a simple sketch that could be "dressed up" with paper and embellies or use as is. I used the sketch for the Holiday Pink card just above (only rotated) and for the purple one down below.


This sample features the brand new Latte Anya. Isn't she simply adorable with her big cup of starbucks :) Note that on this sample I made a boo-boo. I mixed up my flag strips, they should be facing the right and not the left. To play along with this challengeyou have until Friday night to do so.


I will be submitting this card to:
Stamp and Create - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Put a Stamp on it

Thanks for sticking it out with me on this loooong post :)
and Thanks for stopping by!!


4 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Wow, you have been busy!! I love the card with the couple on it, it's so cool! The xmas card has fantastic colors, awesome job! And this Latte Anya card is perfect!! You know I love me some purple!!!

Alex H. said...

Lovely creations! Like the flower composition on the first card that you've entered to our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.
;-) Alex H.

Sweet Fairy said...

This is so cute card. Fabulous design. I want to try to design like this for the Plastic cards, if you don't mind. I appreciate this.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is so gorgeous, fabulous colours too, thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time hugs pops x x