Friday, September 17, 2010

Halloween Cards

Hi Everyone,
It seems like I can't escape the fact that October is around the corner (which happens to be the month of my birthday). Although I do enjoy my birthday I also dread it (for aging reasons, lol) but in general I enjoy the month. The heat waves start to die down, I get fancy gadgets and trinkets as gifts, there's massive amounts of chocolate and candy everywhere and the joy of Halloween is everywhere.

So with all these challenges and inspirational cards floating around, I thought I'd join in on the fun. Since I'm trying to create a card in less than 60 minutes, I thought using the card feature would help in that department. But I start to feel as if I'm cheating when I use this feature so I try adding a little extra to them. I'm entering these 4 cards into this week's challenge over at Cricut Cardz. Their challenge this week is to create Halloween cards using the card feature.

Here are my 4 cards:
Picture 1: Shaped cards

Picture 2: Hello Kitty shaped card from Hello Kitty Greetings.
Kitty was cut at 51/2 inches.
 I used metallic paper to make her cat suit more fashionable.

Picture 3: I thought it would be funny to give her a Hello Kitty candy basket. I still have one that my niece got a couple years back. We all love Hello Kitty.
This card will be entered in Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge. Her challenge this week is free range with any older cart but it must be a card or a LO.

Picture 4: Fraidy Cat shaped card from Mini Monsters. He's at 51/2 inches. Isn't he's the cutest!

Picture 5: Well I thought cute Fraidy Cat deserved a cute diva girlfriend.
She is cut at 41/2 inches.

 Picture 6: I made her pink and used thicker card stock. You need heavy card stock so the back of the card won't be flimsy.

Picture 7: Closeup of her bling. I gave her a rhinestone collar and headgear.
I will enter this card in Christina's Card Creations & More by C challenge. Her theme this week is Bling and Ribbon.

Picture 8: The candy bucket (slightly altered) from Mini Monsters.
He is cut at 51/2 inches. I cut him in orange card stock. Then I cut the front layer with the lighter orange CS. And I cut the back layer in black CS. The leftover piece of the black pumpkin was used for his mouth.

Picture 9: The inside of the card. I stamped it and used a small candy for embellishment.

Picture 10: Closeup of the candy. I cut these candies (except for the round one) from Mini Monsters. I taped to the back of the first layer and then adhered it to the card itself.
 Thanks for stopping by. And as always, I love reading your comments and suggestions.

15 comments:

Jeri said...

Love all your wonderful cards. I'm really seeing a lot of fun entries using that Mini Monsters cartridge. It's not one I have some I'm really enjoying looking at all the creations using it. I also have an October birthday and I feel the same as you--both excited but dreading the age. Thanks so very much for sharing your creations with us at CCC.

girlia said...

The pumpkin card basket of goodies is really cute. Great job.

Melissa said...

These are all so cute, thanks so much for joining with us at CCC.

Teresa said...

your cards are so cute.

My Creative Time said...

I LOVE ALL your cards!!! ADORABLE!!
GREAT job w/the challenge my friend!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

Angi Barrs said...

Such cute projects. Hello Kitty is my Fave.
Angi
cokiepopaper.blogspot.com
angiatstampinup.blogspot.com

Glora said...

These are all super cute, but I just can't get over the Hello Kitty one with a Hello Kitty candy bucket! ADORABLE!!!!

Anita said...

These are just awesome!! I might just have to scraplift a couple. Great Job!!

Anonymous said...

Ohh these cards are the cutest!! I love Hello Kitty! I really need to get that cart! Your kitty cards are super cute too! Love the Diva. I'm seeing so many great projects with that cart! Awesome job! Thanks for playing with us at CCC!

Jennie K. said...

Love your shape cards. Super cute.

Georgiana said...

All your cards are awesome. I love them!

Georgiana : )

Donna Lee said...

Love the cats!

crazyaboutcricut said...

OMG, these are priceless! Amazing cards! Thanks for playing with us over at the CCC :)

crazyaboutcricut

Raven B said...

October is my bday month too! Yeah we should have a blog hop or something lol. These came out awesome. I want those eyes that the cat has where did you find those?
Hugs,
Raven

Raven B said...

October is my bday month too! Yeah we should have a blog hop or something lol. These came out awesome. I want those eyes that the cat has where did you find those?
Hugs,
Raven