Monday, July 19, 2010

Black, White & Gray

Hi Everyone! This card is for the Drama Queen in your life. lol. Someone who's over the top & always wants to be the center attention. I think we all know a few of those...

Picture 1: The Front of the Card.
This little gal sure cant be boxed in. She needs to be free & front and center. This is why her arm is extending outside of the frame.

Picture 2: Closeup of Image, Frame, Ribbon, etc.

Picture 3: The Inside of the Card.
  1. This card was created as a combo card. It is for 2 challenges: Tiddly Inks & The Burtonesque Dolls. At the Dolls (http://theburtonesquedolls.blogspot.com/) we had to create a black & white project inspired by "Ed Wood." I didn't think that this challenge would have been difficult for me because I love b/w & I have some beautiful paper but i was stuck. Since it has been years that I don't work with a monochromatic scheme, I was itching to throw some color on it. I mulled over this card for several days. Finally, I just had to close my eyes and go for it.
  2. At Tiddly's (http://tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.com/) we had to "Match It Up." We had to match our papers with the image's clothing, accessories, etc. I tried paper piecing the coat but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be so I just pieced the sleeves. I matched that paper with the frame. I matched the neck tie with the ribbon in the background. I matched the skull she is holding with the dp I made myself. And so forth.
Even though I struggled with this one for a bit I still enjoyed myself. I feel as if I'm putting some of my schooling to use.
Thanks for stopping by. And as always, I love reading your comments.

6 comments:

Abby said...

Well, I LOVE IT!!! You did an awesome job!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your comment on my post (my grandpa mini album) You mentioned ur favorite was the one with the drinking buddy... well it's both my grandpa!!! He loved to do doble exposures!!!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

I love it too..very funny and well done. :) I like the frame touch...very nice.

greenchick said...

I love this card! Awesome!

Larissa said...

Great card, looking gorgeous in only black and white! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Hugs,
Larissa

Buttercup said...

I like all the funky patterns your used! Very nice!!! XOXO ~Buttercup :)

Misty Olsen said...

I really, really, like this one :)I