Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hello! and Hop Winner




Happy Saturday!  I hope you had a fun week and are enjoying your mid morning so far. I want to apologize for my bloggy silence. I have been quite busy with some personal stuff which has kept me away (nothing bad, all good). However, I managed to squeeze in some crafty time every night. It only took me a week to create this flower power card. Lol.

Today's card features the technique Charcoal, which is black coloring on kraft paper. The highlights are done with white pencil or pen. I learned this technique from a TGF farmer, sorry the name escapes me at the moment. She's amazing with her cards and coloring. I still need to practice this technique some more but for right now I'm very happy with my outcome.

The image used is Lil Lolita Willow digi from Tickled Pink Stamps (**now only found in rubber form**). The image is colored with Prismacolor Pencils.

I will be playing along with:
Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge - #11 Off the Scrap Desk
Getting Cricky with KAndrew - Simply Sunday: All A Flutter
Scrapaholic by Abby - Challenge #1 (Make up your own Holiday on 3/26. My holiday is "Celebrate Flowers and Butterflies") 

** Now for the I Love Lucy hop winner... CONGRATS!!! #74 Alexandra from Crafty Baubles 
You are the lucky winner of some tasty wine candy :) Please email me your info**

I want to say THANK YOU to all my new scrappy friends. I'm very happy to see that you want to follow my nuttiness. I hope to see you soon again. Actually I hope you do come back because I have some exciting news to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!
As always, I love to read your beautiful comments.

14 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Love this technique!

Georgiana said...

Awesome! Love the image and the colors.

Georgiana

Pammejo said...

Great job on the card. Thanks for participating in the Scrapbookaholic by Abby Challenge #1-PammejoDT

Raven B said...

WOW Girl this is so super fabulous I cant even tell you how much I'm lovin it!!!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at SSA by Abby challenges.
Hugs,
Raven

Ashley said...

That is a very cute card!!! I love it! Thanks for joining our first challenge over at Scrapbookaholic by Abby!!

Ashley

Year 2 said...

WOW! This is a stunning card! Very effective!

Maria Elena said...

What a great charcoal technique card Jess !! great job and please don't be so silence anymore LOL
Thanks for playing this week with us at S.By Abby.
Maria Elena S By Abby D.T
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!!!! you are super talented!! Thanks for playing and good luck from Abby's Design Team!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous my talented friend--just beautiful!
You won the last challenge--just trying to win again, I see! hee hee!
Love it my sweet friend!

Big Hugs to you,
Kristal

Ingrid said...

This is a fab little card! And I love the coloring technique you used on craft.
Thanks for showing your card at the Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge this week :-)
Hugs Ingrid

Kellie said...

As you know I just LOVE this and your colouring is amazing! Thank you for joining Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges this week.

Hugs,
Kellie

Zarah said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges this week! :D

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love the subtle colors :) Thanks for playing with us.

Jeanette Wallén said...

This is beyond gorgeous!!!

Thanks for joining the challenge at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge this week!

/ Jeanette