Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Black Sheep love and a SALE


Happy Wednesday Scrappy Friends! I hope you are out there enjoying your Summer. About 2 weeks ago, I joked with my Getting Cricky DT sisters that I felt like the black sheep of the group - lol - (you can read more on that HERE).   Since then I wanted to create a CAS card that expressed my feelings:  Regardless of how bleak the situation may be or how you may feel or be perceived, You Are Loved! So it doesn't matter if you feel like the black sheep of the group, in your family, amongst your friends remember that us black sheep tend to be special ;) and we are loved. That is my message for you today! :) 


I used the Amazing You set (benefiting Doorways for Women and Families) from KAndrew Designs for my sentiment. I used the Winter Frolic cart for the sheep. I kept it CAS but I added flock to my little black sheep to make him more special :) I also filled the heart with micro beads so it can be a shaker card and I used all scraps (love that part!). Two of my DT Sisters Erika (Shaker Card) and Becky (Scraps) are currently having these mini challenges on their personal blogs so make sure you head over to check them out. Im also playing with Fantabulous Cricut - Lets be Friends.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card :-)

-Sam :-)
SamanthaJDesigns.Blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is such a sweet card!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Carissa said...

Sweet card. I love the black sheep analogy. You make beautiful cards. Thanks for crafting with us at FCCB. We hope to see you again.

Carissa
www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

BugBites said...

adorable little card. TFS with us at FCCB this week.

Amy said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing with us this week at FCCB! :)Amy A
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Squirlygirl said...

This card is super cute Jess :) You are so not a black sheep! We all love you!! Thanks for linking up to my challenge too.
~Hugs~
Becky
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

Kelly S said...

Your card is adorable! Love the flocking on the black sheep. I think we have all felt like the black sheep at one time or another. :)


Kelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

Erika Valdez said...

YAY!! I am glad you made it this time!! I love love the Black sheep and you are not the black sheep of the group lol! I love your style your projects always blow me away! Thank you soo much for entering my challenge! I hope you will enter the next!!

Lots of Love,
Erika

Scrappychick said...

ewe are so clever! hehe. seriously, love the card!! all the extra hearts are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww, that's so cute! Love your sense of humor, Jess! Love the flocking too!

Larelyn said...

Oh, this is just so cute and clever. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
Hugs,

Lynne Phelps said...

This is adorable! I know you weren't thinking about it from this angle, but I am a knitter so anything with sheep on it really sends me! Love the simplicity of this card, your simple treatment really suits these charming cutouts! Don't worry about being a black sheep, you would probably find out that others on your DT also feel outside the magic circle. I felt like that back on the Oh, Alice! design team, and now look, I've inherited the whole challenge blog and made it my own - and yours! :)

Maquel said...

such a sweet card! I love it! Great job in the challenge!

Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com