Thursday, August 11, 2011

Toot Toot Thursday with a Stamp SALE

Happy Thursday! I'm happy that you stopped by my little blog today. The next few postings will be about saying Goodbye and saying Hello to new beginnings. More on that later. For my first new beginning: Today I'm being featured over at Simply Betty Stamps.  A new feature called Toot Toot Thursday has begun where one of the SBS gals will be showcased as well as one of the older Simply Betty stamps. I am lucky #1. WooHoo!!!

OK lets get started. Today I'm featuring two of the Sweet Gothic Kids from the Birthday Line. I decided to turn these Birthday images into Halloween/Bday Halloween images. I chose to do this because my birthday is 2 weeks before Halloween and ever since I can remember I've always had my birthday associated with the holiday. When I was a kid, I wanted my birthday to be on the 31st. I always thought it would be a lot more fun and sound cool (lol) if I could say, "Yup my birthday is on Halloween." However, I grew up and realized that was never going to be :( but it seemed like that memo didn't get to everyone. All my friends still like to give me Halloween related gifts. I even received an Orange Halloween cake on my 21st bday instead of a regular birthday cake. lol. So after that I gave in and accepted the fact that even though my birthday isn't on the 31st, most people wont care and will prefer to buy me a black and orange cake as oppose to a Tacky pink frilly one, Lol! :)

My project for you today is a Box Card. It features of my fave SGK gals, Wednesday. Don't you just love how sassy she looks. I sure do. To make one of these, you can find the tutorial Here.
Materials used: I used my Prismacolor Pencils to color my images, last years K&Co Halloween Paper line and, of course, Simply Betty Stamps :)

The Card Box looks like a card from the front but once opened, it opens up into a small box where you can have a card and a small treat (of your choosing) in there. These are simple and cute to make. I do recommend you try it out the first time with a scratch cs just so you get the feel for it.

For the moment, I only have my card in there, therefore the card box isn't bulky. If you choose to add several items, note that it will be bulky so make sure that when you create the belly band, you do not make it snug. If you do so, you will not be able to slide it over the card box and have close it up.

Here's my birthday/Halloween card. It features my other fave SGK gal, Tilly. I just love coloring non traditional hair colors on my images. As some of you may know, I've been hoping to one day take the plunge and have my hair (or at least my tips died pink, purple or teal) I may one day be courageous to do it but so far it hasn't happen - Just call me chicken. Lol.
I used the Pink Ink Sketch #3 for my card LO. Im also submitting to Make It Colorful - Colour with Pink and A Spoonful of Sugar - Happy Birthday.

OK so in honor of today's Toot Toot Thursday Tilly, Wednesday and the rest of the SGK Birthday kids are on SALE. They have been slashed down to $4.00. Talk about WOW!!! This is definitely the time to stock up on them. It's like 2 for 1. Now, please note that this special promotion is in honor of my post and will last until next Wednesday night, right before the new Toot Toot Thursday post.  So hop on over to the Simply Betty Shop and pick up a few of these sassy characters.

** Also, don't forget that the new SGK Halloween line (the first of the few different Halloween lines to come) was released on Tuesday. To see the previews, click on the links below.
Day 1: Pumpkin Carvin Alex, Punki' Judy, Rag Doll Sally 
Day 2: Vampiress Tilly, Witchy Wednesday and Franken-Scott 
Click HERE to go directly to the shop to buy some of the new Halloween cuties. Also, Betty released them in Digi format for a few days only. Make sure to buy them before they are stored back in the vault.

Thanks for being here with me today!

10 comments:

Suzi McKenzie said...

Love your toot, It's great seeing how versatile SBS images are, You've turned the Birthday SGK Girlies into the Party Halloween Partiers, great work:)
Hugs
Suzi
xxx

Anonymous said...

This is so stinkin' cute, Jess! I love the card box and those SBS images are a hoot! Lovin' your colring and cool paper choices.

Betty Boo! said...

OH my Gosh! Jess these are marvelous!!! I have to try that box!

Thanks for such a wonderful Toot!

Betty

Star said...

I left some love on the SBS blog, but just had to stop and show some love here, too. The card box is just amazing. I really love it! It's like two cards in one, and you did a fabulous job decorating both of them! =D I know what you mean about the Halloween birthday...I was born on the 23rd so I've had the same experiences you mentioned. lol

Graphicat said...

This is SO COOL JESS!!! I love the little envelope/box thingy that holds the card! SO COOL! And GREAT job incorporating the Pink Ink Sketch with it!
Hugs
Cheri

debby4000 said...

Fabulous creations.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Fabulous job Jess!!!! Love the stamps and I ordered 3!!!! :) Thanks for sharing your awesome work!

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous cards and what fun images!
Thanks for playing along at Pink {Ink} this week and for sharing your wonderful creation with us!
Hugs Jeanette xxo

Safdar Ali said...

Lovely card. Fabulous design. I have worked for the plastic business cards and this design inspire me so much. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Marvelous designs with eye pleasing shades..can you share designs of Plastic business cards with us...