Friday, August 5, 2011

SBS Scrap Project - #3 There's a Pocket in my...


Welcome back to another Scrap Challenge at Simply Betty Stamps. This weeks theme is: There's a Pocket in my..." We are asking to see all your wonderful creations and include a pocket somewhere on there. Easy peezy right. In order to play along, you Do Not need to use a Simply Betty image but if you have them then why not flaunt them. And if you don't own any, you can always play along to try to win a few or hop on over to the SBS Shop to buy a stamp or two. Remember though, the one exception to this weeks challenge is that it Can Not be a card.  


For my project I created a Holiday Dvd holder. Sorry i know some of may be freaking out, thinking noooo stop the holiday projects. We still have some moths to go. Lol. But its around the corner and we will be hearing those sleigh bells soon :) But fear not, this is my last week celebrating Christmas in Summer. Soon enough, ummmm perhaps next week (lol) another Holiday will be celebrated ;)

The concept of this is a modern technological version of a Holiday Newsletter. I know that now a days snail mail is becoming obsolete: the newsletters have become emails and pictures have become picture discs. So I thought that this could be a combination of a Holiday Family Newsletter with pictures and videos and you can still contribute to the economy by using the post office services :)  Ok so as you can see, the disc would go on the right side and on the left you can add a personal note or anything else of your choosing.


Since my project is Holiday I wanted to use one of the saucy Sweet Gothic Kids from the new Christmas line. I used Tilly. I just love her. She looks so spunky and a bit of a tease. lol.   I used the awesome Deconstructed Sketch #13 for my cover. I will also be playing with Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Christmas in August. Fussy and Fancy Friday - Christmas.
We would love to see you play with us this week. Its soooo easy you just cant say no. Click Here to go directly to the challenge blog to link up and to check out the amazing creations done by my dt sisters.

Also, there was a glitch on the facebook fan page and it was wiped out so please hop on over to the new SBS FB Fan Page and like it. When Betty hits 500 likes she will be giving away a free digi and who knows, she may have some other giveaways as well :)

Thanks for stopping by/commenting. Happy Friday!!

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Oh she is so cute. Love the CD holder.

Precious Hugs

Jen Shults said...

This is just super cute and your coloring is fabulous! That's for using this weeks Deconstructed Sketch!

Ashley said...

Love the creative concept for a holiday "card"! It is true that "snail mail" is becoming more obsolete...but this is a great way to support it AND have some creative fun! Thank you for sharing! :)

Ashley "Scrappin' Pink Piglet"