Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Good for a Kiss...


Hi All!  I hope you are all well. Today I have a CAS card inspired by the Art Nouvea Challenge at Some Odd Girl. At first glance, well you wouldn't think of that era when you see this card (to be honest I had a bit of trouble with it. I'm thinking I should have used Kraft instead of the green base) But after a bit of my rambling, I may be able to stretch it far enough for you to see what I'm seeing. Lol.

The gist of Art Nouvea is European art that was inspired by curved lines, natural form (flowers and plants) and was the transitioning period to Modernism. So here it is, my curved lines are seen in the bum of Tiny Tia and the shape of the froggy and the Natural form is seen in the botanical dp used for the background and butterflies. Plus, I like to think that the yellow was inspired by the gold color of the inspirational picture. Lol, I know I'm stretching this. Sorry :)

If you want some gorgeous Nouvea inspiration head on over to the SOG Challenge Blog to check out the DT work (using the new gorgeous Nouvea Clear Stamps from SOG)



I also want to remind you that new Crafty Sprouts sentiments will be coming your way. There's a little bit of everything, especially for all my "Sparkly" friends.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Super cute Jess - I love the bright fun colors!! I think your coloring is fantastic - love the green on the frog! Great butterfly punch too!
Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!
hugs,
M

DIANA L. said...

Great card I love the green your coloring is very nice.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Leah l'Orange said...

hee hee - i TOTALLY lullzed at your explanation of the "inspiration" - thanks for playing along with this super cute card at the Some Odd Girl blog! :)

365 Days of Cricut said...

Awww this is so cute Jess!!!

Raquel SK said...

LOL, thanks for the explanation, it reads like a school paper when you didn't actually read the book (not that I EVER did that in school!) Now every time I look at my bum in a mirror, I'll think "Very Art Nouveau!" Your card is lovely by the way!-Raquel @ Raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

Elena said...

Just a lovely card Jess, the girls is so pretty, and the colours you used so bright! Great decoration with papers and butterflies!
Thank you for has been one of us during Some Odd Girl challenge "Nouveau", hope to see you again!

Hugs,
Elena

Rosie said...

This card is soooo cute!
great job


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Chris_P said...

Really really cute!! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!